Note: I am not affiliated to any of the organization mentions below(except saf, hahaha)
Came across this interesting article on Quora about the various job portal in Singapore and thought that I would like to share with you all
A list of job portal for full and part-time job
3) Jobs Central
4) Jobs Bank
A list of job portal for job internship and startups
4) Startup jobs
Portal for working professionals advice and job seekers/professional to seek advice on personal career development for workplace success.
1) Robert Walter career advice
2.Tipforthought: Common interview questions tips(taken from an article mostly, haha)
Question 1: Tell me more about yourself
- A common starting interview questions to break the ice for interviewers to know more about you.
- Do prepare a short presentation about yourself, give a brief summary of your personal details(hobbies, community involvement, education qualification and work experience)
Question 2: What are your strength and weakness?
- Do not boast too much of yourself and do not put yourself down(always late for appointment etc)
- Do Share 1 or 2 weakness and mention how you overcome them and do mention about 3 strength which would make a positive impression about your capabilities
Question 3: Why do you want to join this company?
- This is a question where you have to think through carefully by doing research on the company culture and industry
- Never give answer such as "I was attracted to the workplace benefit" or "the workplace is near my home"
- Most importantly is that you must let the interviewer know that you are selective of your job and not just take any job that is available to.you
Question 4: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- This question is often probed by the interviewer to see that if you are someone that set goals as employers believe that people who set goals are more reliable than those who do not set goals
- Do give answer such as "I would like to be head of marketing in the next 5 years" or "I would like to take up more challenges and learning opportunities in my career where necessary"
- Do not give an answer such as "I wish to have a family in 5 years" or "earn my first millions in 5 years"
Question 5: Why should we hire you?
You must be familiar with the company culture and job description as you have to showcase your compatibility with the job and company. Also, talk about your skill set, experience and past achievement and knowledge to set you apart from the rest of the candidate
- 1. Ask the interviewer some question to show interest in that such as"can I have more in-depth details on the job scope?" Or "what will be the work environment like?"
- 2. Write a thank you mail to the interviewer after the interview to thank the interviewer for the chance of opportunity and to learn more about the job
- 3. Lastly, if you are caught up with something, do reschedule with the interviewer
I hope some of these tips help!