Tuesday 5 February 2019

(Post 78/week 60)TipforThought:how to mail and selling on carousell tip and tricks

This week tipforthought is about how to post a mail and some carousell tip, tricks, and hacks that I have research and used



Please do visit my carousell page if you would like to purchase any cheap second-hand book
My carousell:carousell.com/eric996

How to post a mail?

Actually posting a mail is quite easy, you need to purchase the envelope and the stamp and off you go!

Step 1.Purchase the envelope
  • You can choose to purchase an envelope from either popular bookstore(around $3.50 for 10 pcs of A4 envelope if my memory serves me right) or any stationary shop or even Daiso(Try not to purchase from singpost outlets itself as it is a tad expensive).
  • In my case, I purchase A4 envelope from the Tesco supermarket in Malaysia when I make my monthly trip there due to it being cheaper than Singapore envelope price
  • Below is an example of the envelope that I have purchased

Step 2: Purchase the stamp
  • For purchasing of the stamps, you can easily do it at the nearest sam machine(see pic below)
                                                    Image result for sam machine
  • Here are the postage rates, for more information refer to the singpost website here
  • As I am using A4 envelope which also means C4 envelope, I will be purchasing $0.60 stamp from the SAM machine
Step 3:Write the buyer address,your return address and paste the stamp
  • Write the buyer address in the red box,e.g Pasir Ris drive 51 Blk 123 #02-01 s600123
  • Paste the stamp in the orange box
  • At the other side of the envelope,write the return address (your own home address) for return mail just in case, in the orange box,e.g Tampines drive 52 Blk 456 #03-02 s601456
Step 4:Mail it out
  • Mail it out at the nearest posting boxes, you can google the location for the nearest posting boxes

In the second part, I will be talking about some tip that I used to sell on carousell...

1. Regularly update your carousell

By regularly updating your carousell with listing, this has enable my carousell to have more sales.

As this article from Sonia point out, this is due to 3 reasons

1. Your followers get your updates in their browse views
2. Your new listing will show up on the homepage for random browsers
3. Newer listings appear higher when one uses the ‘recent’ filter

2.Updates on weekend

The best time to post on carousell is on a weekend as most people would have time to browse through the listing during the weekend

3.Delete and re-update your listing that is old

For those items that you have listed more than 3 month and above, you should delete and re-upload the listing so that it would help to boost your sales more

4. Share your listing on gumtree and facebook group

Gumtree and facebook group selling second-hand book has a lot of potential buyers, some of my buyers come from gumtree.

5.Create a template to handle customers to save time

In my personal experience, I have created a template to reply to customers to save some typing energy(think of it like an answer or an automated chat bot).

If the buyer makes an offer, this is how I will reply...

1. Meetup is at an extra charge of 50 cents and mailing is at an extra charge of 1.50

2. Hi meetup is at xxx MRT only due to the low cost of the item

If the buyer chooses to meet up, this is how I will reply...

1. Hi, I will only be able to meet up on the weekend

and continue to  discuss with him on the arranged timing, however, if the buyer opts for the mailing option

1.Ok sure, pls make payment via paylah at xxx

2.Would I have your address for mailing purpose?

If the buyer does not have pay lah, this is how I will reply...

1. My bank acc is xxx, please let me know when you transfer

2.Would i have your address for mailing purpose?

And last but not least, remember to thanks your buyers...

1.Please notify me when you have received the item and thank you for purchasing from me

That's all for this week tipforthought!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I am finding it very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need better content / substance in your posts .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think you can do better? All these content are provided for you at no cost. You should probably raise your expectation if you are paying it.

    ReplyDelete